Welcome!

Gestart door maaike, 16 mei, 2004, 17:46:33

Vorige topic - Volgende topic

maaike

Hallo everybody,

Welcome at this new forum!

Enjoy!

For suggestions etc: you can post in this topic.

Greetz,

Maaike
Administrator

OlavTorkson

One question... why is it no one ever visits the English forum?

Thanks for the translation of [Pfeiffer] by the way... My English teacher was impressed when I used "Glandular Fever" in my last writing assignment.
BRUIF to the world!

Anonymous

I think because it's a dutch site :shock:  :idea:

OlavTorkson

BRUIF to the world!

maaike

I have an English page about Glandular Fever (http://ziektevanpfeiffer.nl/pfeiffer_engels.html) and there are some visitors on that page. But I think they are not interested in a forum.

marieke

maybe because there aren't much people that post here????

OlavTorkson

Let's make the diffrence!
BRUIF to the world!

marieke

OlavTorkson

Don't you think Maaike will be mad with us when we overflow the English forum with our spam as well?
BRUIF to the world!

marieke

hmmm.... is she mad at us????

maaike

Citaat van: "OlavTorkson"Don't you think Maaike will be mad with us when we overflow the English forum with our spam as well?

You can spam a little here ;). There's no English person who posts here, so "go your gang" ;).

Faust VII

what does a 'sticky' mean?
I'm learning the lessons of life through trial and error - mostly error"

marieke

die blijft altijd boven aan staan...

Faust VII

Citaat van: "marieke"die blijft altijd boven aan staan...

hey, it's an english forum, please talk english so we can all understand you! :cry:

OlavTorkson

It'll always stand on top...
BRUIF to the world!

Faust VII

ah, now I understand! thank you!  :mrgreen:

OlavTorkson

There used to be a Sticky on the Dutch forum, what happened to it?

It wasn't my fault! I never spammed anything on that topic... did I?
BRUIF to the world!

OlavTorkson

Did you know that in The Netherlands the disease was called "Klierkoorts" at first? That's a literal translation of "Glandular Fever." And it's a much better description of the disease than "Pfeiffer" is!

Which reminds me... I think I know why not many oversea visitors ever visit this forum. Have you seen the url? It says
Citaat van: "url"http://www.ziektevanpfeiffer.nl/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&t=155

Why would someone in the UK or the USA or whatever country where people tend to speak English search for Glandular Fever on a site called www.ziektevanpfeiffer.nl???
BRUIF to the world!

Leoni

my english is not very well then i visit only the dutch website's, whiej :P
Ok, i can read english but i dont get it  hmm.. niet echt logisch mijn engels  :S

OlavTorkson

It doesn't really matter, Leoni. There'll be no one here who actually can't understand your Dutch. :P
BRUIF to the world!

Anonymous

Hi all i want to know if you can get glandular fever twice. i went to the hospital the other day and the doctor said i have it again. Then i went to my doctor he said i cann't get again buy the funny thing is i have all the symtoms and i feel the same as i did when i first had it . Confused

OlavTorkson

You can "get it" twice. The virus stays in your body (passively) and can be reactivated when your resistence is affected. (So, actually, you don't really get it twice, you only suffer from it twice)
BRUIF to the world!

sunshine

i feel like everyboby doesn't beleive me. But i am getting a blood test next week to see what is going on. It sux beening sick again and feeling really tired. But hey i will see what happens :). Have u been sick with glandular fever ???

OlavTorkson

most of the people here have.
BRUIF to the world!

Faust VII

I wouldn't be around here if I hadn't been....

OlavTorkson

Citaat van: "Faust VII"
Citaat van: "marieke"(...)

hey, it's an english forum, please talk english so we can all understand you! :cry:

That's quite opposite to what you said before. Hypocritic arse. It seems that I'm the only one around here who has an international subscript.

marieke

Faust VII

Citaat van: "OlavTorkson"
Citaat van: "Faust VII"
Citaat van: "marieke"(...)

That's quite opposite to what you said before. Hypocritic arse. It seems that I'm the only one around here who has an international subscript.

btw, why is all the text you see when writing a reply in dutch? like 'Onderwerp' and 'Tip: BBcode kan je toepassen op geselecteerde tekst'. now that is what I call Hypocritism!

maaike

Citaat van: "Faust VII"btw, why is all the text you see when writing a reply in dutch? like 'Onderwerp' and 'Tip: BBcode kan je toepassen op geselecteerde tekst'. now that is what I call Hypocritism!

Profiel: Language: English.
Then everything is in English.

And now back ontopic!

Geb?

Hi

Found out I might have this nasty sound Glandular Fever, so was looking around to see what it was.

What does
BRUIF to the world!
Mean?

Cheers
AC from England!

maaike

Well... Olav, you have to explain ;). Because I don't know (still).

And Geb? -> I hope you will feel better soon.

OlavTorkson

Citaat van: "Geb?"Hi

Found out I might have this nasty sound Glandular Fever, so was looking around to see what it was.

What does
BRUIF to the world!
Mean?

Cheers
AC from England!

BRUIF doesn't mean anything, and therefor it means everything. It's just what you make of it. (I once wrote a song 'bout that) Normally it is used as kind of greeting thingy. Sometimes it is used as form of respect. Or as some kind of, you know, word you tend to say too much. It is at all times positive, so when I say "BRUIF to the world!" it means that I wish the world a lot of BRUIF. Or something.

But this hasn't much to do with GF. When did you get it? What are your symptoms?
BRUIF to the world!

Geb? / AC from England

Hi

The I had a blood test Tue, was meant to get the result Wed, but the Doctor was not there to read it.  So I was not allowed to hear the results.  Rang today when they said and she still had not read them, they will call me when she has.  As its 5pm I wonder if/when I will get a call!

Symptons:

At the beginning- Stiff neck.  Bunged up nose.  Slightly sore throat.  Tiredness.

After 2 days- Really bad headache.  Slept from 3pm (I nearly never sleep during the day).   Head felt extremely hot.  Nettle rash (also known as hives or urticaria) over my body where it got hot.  This would go away if I could cool my body down enough.  Dizzy.  Lack of energy.  Smaller appetite than normal.

After 6 days- Headaches and hot head continue but not as bad.  Still feeling tired quickly if I do anything.  On days I do nothing but sit or lay in bed I feel fine.  If I do anything for too long all my energy drains away.

Once I read this site and others I felt under my ribs on both sides.  The left side (side Spleen is on) was alot warmer!  Not sure if it would be whilst my body is fighting any infection or if its especially this one?

Wish the Dr would ring and tell me for sure!

Just staying cool today has been hard work!

Hope everyone else is well.

AC from England

OlavTorkson

Hey AC,
I've never so far heard of temperature diffrences of the spleen and liver side. Maaike? Do you know anything about that?
About the tiredness and sleepiness... be glad you're able to sleep anyway. A lot of people I've spoken here, including myself, are or have been tired as hell, while they're unable to sleep.
And I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but you sure gotta keep looking on the bright side of everything, or else you will really turn sick. GF is as good as a mental disease as a physical one.

Oh, en Maaike, wat betekent hives? Is dat niet zoiets als uitslag?
BRUIF to the world!

maaike

Citaat van: "OlavTorkson"Hey AC,
I've never so far heard of temperature diffrences of the spleen and liver side. Maaike? Do you know anything about that?

No, sounds strange to me.

CiteerAbout the tiredness and sleepiness... be glad you're able to sleep anyway. A lot of people I've spoken here, including myself, are or have been tired as hell, while they're unable to sleep.
And I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but you sure gotta keep looking on the bright side of everything, or else you will really turn sick. GF is as good as a mental disease as a physical one.

Oh, en Maaike, wat betekent hives? Is dat niet zoiets als uitslag?

I agree with that.

Hives is op interglot letterlijk vertaald als netelroos.

OlavTorkson

And what the *** is 'netelroos'???
BRUIF to the world!

Saardewein

I failed to look at how old this post was...eh...anyway...

Hives is like, skinrash...nasty. It's what you get if your doctor gives you antibiotics while you have pfeiffer when they're not supposed to.
Oh, and mostly in english pfeiffer is referred to as 'mono'. Just a short version of monoleclar whatever that long name is I don't want to remember  :P

Glandular fever...it sounds so freaky  :cry:
ow that all is said and done, do you like what you have become?

OlavTorkson

I encountered various websites who referred to Glandular Fever as "Epstein-Barr". And actually, I never encountered the phrase 'kissing disease' except in places like this, and wikipedia, and other encyclo-thingy-stuff-however you write that in English.
BRUIF to the world!

Saardewein

Hmm everywhere I surfed was mono this mono that...if my parents start asking me who I made out with, I'm going to kick someone. Like, them.
ow that all is said and done, do you like what you have become?

OlavTorkson

Why would they ask?
BRUIF to the world!